Suggested ages – 8 and up
- The Nes Best 3-lesson Class is a sampling of some of NatureGlo’s eScience most popular topics taught in her MathArt, Marine Biology and Herpetology (study of reptiles and amphibians) live online classes.
Topics covered in the NeS Best 3-lesson class:
1). MathArt – Fractals: Infinite Pattern of the Universe
2). Herps (reptiles & amphibians) – The Glass Frogs – Transparent Living Jewels
3). Marine Biology – Deep Sea Fish – Gulper eel, Slender Snipe Eel, Barreleye, Oarfish
- Recorded lessons led by instructor Gloria Brooks of NatureGlo’s eScience.
- Courseware includes – progress bar, mark complete button and digital achievement awards per lesson completed
- Slideshow with study guide per lesson
- Access to NatureGlo’s Mathart, Marine Biology and Herpetology virtual libraries. Each library has additional resources including web resource, project and activity ideas and educational videos.
- Download each lesson’s Slideshow with a study guide
- Pencil with a good eraser
- Paper or journal for note-taking and or sketching
Pre-lesson activities capture student curiosity before the main lesson recording. Each recorded class begins with a short background story about NeS followed by a Slideshow presentation. Students can fill out the study guide questions as I go through the presentation. All of the answers are found in the Slideshow. Following the Slideshow lesson, students look at the website resources which include projects, activities, informative and tutorial videos, and downloads about the topic. After viewing the main lesson, students can view the lesson enhancing YouTube videos from the given lesson resource page link. Students can choose a project or experiment to complete and post a link to their work in the comments section for kind student and teacher feedback.
fbq('init', '900280090099988'); // Insert your pixel ID here.
NeS Best 3-lesson eWorkshop
Herpetology – Glass Frogs: Transparent Living Jewels
In this lesson, we explore the zoology of the glass frog and their various species.