Thank you for enrolling in the Math Connections with the Real World online class!
Directions for going through the class content:
- Look through the green lesson blocks below.
- Each week the next lesson content green box will be made available and opened.
- As you go through each week’s lessons, you can mark your lesson complete and earn a digital award. Your digital awards will accumulate on your student dashboard login under the tab, My Achievements.
- Although not mandatory, consider doing a project about your favorite MathArt topic for this class.
- If you complete a project and want to present it during the live class, let me know a week before and send your content materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re only taking this class by recording, and you complete a project you’d like to share with the class, you can share a link to your project in the comments section below any lesson.
When you are finished with all the lessons in this class, parents and or students, please leave a kind and honest review below. Thank you!
Live or Recorded Class – One-time Payment
This is a one-time payment to purchase this course.
Lesson #1 – Introduction & History of the Golden Ratio and the Fibonacci Numbers
Lesson #1 – Main Lesson Downloads & Lesson Videos with NatureGlo
This is an introductory lesson to the Golden number and the Fibonacci number serious found prevalently in nature, art and architecture.
Lesson #2 – The Golden Number & Fibonacci in Art, Architecture & Nature
Lesson #2 – Main Lesson Downloads & Videos with NatureGlo
Our introduction to the Golden number and the Fibonacci number series continues with a focus on a historical timeline.
Lesson #3 – The Fibonacci Numbers in Nature
Lesson #3 – Main Lesson Downloads & Videos with NatureGlo
In this lesson, we look at the amazing connections the Fibonacci numbers have with the natural world.
Lesson #4 – The History & the Golden Ratio of the Great Pyramid
Lesson #4 – Main Lesson Downloads & Videos with NatureGlo
In this lesson, we will have a brief history of the Great Pyramids of Egypt with a focus on the Great Pyramid of Giza and it’s relationship with the Golden ratio.
Lesson #5 – Phi & Quasicrystals
Lesson #5 – Main Lesson Downloads & Videos with NatureGlo – Phi & Quasicrystals
We learn about the discovery of quasicrystals and their discoverer, Dan Schectman and their relationship to phi. Quasicrystals are materials with unusual atomic structures including 5, 8, 10 and 12-fold symmetries believed impossible in science before they were discovered through electron microscope diffraction by Dan Schectman in 1982.
Lesson #6 – The Mathematics of Music
Lesson #6 – Main Lesson Dowloads & Videos with NatureGlo
This lesson studies music’s mathematical connections and relationship with the golden ratio and the Fibonacci numbers.